We've realized that parenthood brings many changes to your life. You give up a lot of your selfishness and do so willingly. You just cannot imagine what your life will be like until you're there. ("You think you know, but you have no idea" comes to mind...) One night, when Ansley was only a few weeks old, she was having a rough night. She constantly needed something, whether it was a diaper change, or pajama change or feeding. Anyway, we were both exhausted and delirious. Daniel looked over at me and said "What happened to me? I used to be cool. Today I've been peed on, pooped on, and I'm laying in spit up...and I'm not bothered by it." We broke into fits of laughter. If you know Daniel, then you know just how signficant it is that he wasn't bothered by it. Life sure has changed...
For Valentine's Day, Daniel's parents came to visit and babysat Ansley while we went to dinner. We were thinking about going to a movie too, but decided to go to Sam's to get diapers instead. Yeah, we just reached a new level of uncool, I know. I was thinking that it would be a great time to go because who goes to Sam's on Valentine's Day? Apparently, everyone with children and a babysitter goes to Sam's on Valentine's Day. Seriously, I've never seen that many people in Sam's. It was ridiculous. I wish I'd brought the camera.
Ansley is fortunate enough to have three living Great Grandmothers and one Great Grandfather. We were in Atlanta recently and were able to meet Great Grandma Jean, and Great Aunt Allyson. Last week, Daniel had a business trip near Mimi's house, so Ansley and I went with him and spent the night at Mimi's house. We are planning on visiting with her third Great Grandmother this weekend. We hope to visit her Great Grandfather this summer. :) Below are pictures from our recent visits.

What a beautiful little girl! Congratulations again Leigh!
ReplyDelete