In the beginning it was great when (like many new parents) we were afraid she wasn't breathing because she was "too quiet" on the monitor. We could look at her and see her move a little and now she was okay.
Later when we were trying to heat her to go to sleep on her own (no rocking) we could see that she had a pattern of movements (mostly trying to reach her thumb) that she did before falling alseep.
And now a new reason to love it. I brought it with me while we're visiting family for Xmas. She is sleeping in a pack-n-play (another great gift) at my brother's house. Today when I put her down for a nap, she did her typical fussing and THEN I saw her climbing out of the crib. This happened three times and each time I saw her right as she got out and was able to pick her up and put her right back in. After three times, she gave up and went to sleep. Without the monitor I wouldn't have known she was climbing out until she got into something in the room or tried to get out. I was shocked at how easy it was to immediately put her back in bed and how quickly she responded. It reminds me of my child psychology classes. The behavior didn't work for her so she gave up.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:
Post a Comment