About Me

I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, teacher, student and my cup runneth over...

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Six Word Memoirs

My friend Jana reminded me of a school assignment that I thought was really cool. One of the five schools I taught at last year had a teacher literacy assignment to create a six word memoir. Part of what I think is cool about these is that they evolve over time. What you write now would not be what you would write ten years from now, five years from now or maybe even next year. It was neat to see how each teacher interpreted the assignment.
NPR lists some six word memoirs from the book Not Quite What I Was Planning. Some are funny, some are sad and others are just strange. Here are some I liked:

70 years, few tears, hairy ears.
- Bill Querengesser

Extremely responsible, secretly longed for spontaneity.
- Sabra Jennings

Veni, Vidi, but haven't Vici yet.
- Meenakshi Nandini

Never really finished anything, except cake.
- Carletta Perkins

Sperm too potent. Now have triplets.
- Renee Schunk

I thought about what I'd write if I had to do this assignment today. In light of the fact that we're having a baby, I'd write:

Just getting to the good part. :)

What would you write?


No comments:

Post a Comment