About Me

I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, teacher, student and my cup runneth over...

Sunday, September 28, 2008

23 weeks


Wow, I've been really terrible about blogging! We've been very busy the past few weeks. All three of us (well five if you count the dogs) have been busy. :) I attached another belly pic to the left. Daniel took the picture yesterday just before we settled down to watch the game (notice my blackout attire). That is all I have to say about that. :(

The baby (according to the pregnancy books) is now between 8-11.5 inches, is a full pound in weight and even has eyebrows and eyelashes! She has been moving a lot recently and even had the hiccups! I wish I had a way to see inside my stomach and see exactly what she was doing when she moves around, but I'll just have to use my imagination!

I went back to the doctor on Friday and everything is progressing just as it should. I am beginning my sixth month (for those of you that prefer that terminology) and I am 23 weeks pregnant. The appointments are sort of boring now. I just get weighted, and they measure my belly, and ask me how I'm feeling. I did get to hear the heartbeat again which was the highlight of the appointment. :) I have to get the glucose test done before my next appointment which should be LOTS of fun. :)

Daniel and I have been checking out daycare facilities in the area and narrowing down our choices. It is a really tough decision and all of the facilities in Clemson are booked for April when I'm going back to work. Luckily, my parents will be helping us for the last few weeks of school so that we don't have to put her in daycare until August, but we still need to make a decision and get on the waiting list for August (or maybe more than one list just to be safe).

We picked out a paint for the nursery and Daniel began painting it today. :) It is a sage green and will accent the colors in the nursery bedding nicely. The bedding we chose has red, pink, and green throughout and has ladybugs, flowers and dragonflies. I attached a picture of the quilt to the right.

3 comments:

  1. You look adorable! I loved when Liam got the hiccups, that's something I miss so much about being pregnant - feeling them move around like that. And don't worry about the glucose test, it really wasn't that bad! I had heard horror stories, but it's just like thick, sweet kool-aid. :)

    Only 17 more weeks! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Haven't seen you in forever but I got linked to your blog from Jana Bateman's and wanted to say hello and congratulations!

    Angie and I are glad to see everything is going great with you and are so excited you're expecting. We started a blog when we were getting ready to have Patrick @ http://flowers-home.net

    Look forward to seeing the updates as the big day gets closer.

    Take care!
    -Toby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to your blog Toby! I have not been good at keeping up with mine recently but I'm trying to get better at it. I love keeping up with everyone else through their blogs! :)
    Congrats to you also! It sounds like you are really enjoying being parents. :)

    ReplyDelete