About Me

I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, teacher, student and my cup runneth over...

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Nesting


Last Wednesday we flew to Florida for Thanksgiving weekend. I inserted a Picasa slideshow of our pictures above because there were too many to put in the posting. I couldn't figure out how to insert the slideshow into this blog posting even though I know it is possible. Anyone who knows how to do that, please post a comment and let me know! :)
It was nice to see family, especially my brother and his wife because we won't see them at Christmas this year. They're going to France to see her family for the holidays and of course we'll be in Atlanta. We spent the week at the beach, cooking, eating, watching football, eating, and eating some more. At my appointment last week, I was told that I only gained a pound since the previous month's appointment, but I have a feeling I might have gained a few more in the last week alone! That is just part of the fun of being pregnant around the holidays!
I thought it would be Christmas before I began 'nesting' but I think that phase has officially begun. We flew home early this morning from Florida and I have spent the day getting things 'ready' for the baby. I organized all of the baby clothes by size and came to the frightening conclusion that my unborn child already has more clothing than I do. I have three huge piles of newborn-3month clothes that I need to wash and fold prior to her arrival. I'm not even going to begin washing the other clothing. It can hang in the closet for a few months until we need it!
This morning our dining room was full of random baby 'stuff' which we had no idea what to do with. Now it almost looks like a dining room again! We realized that we needed to find places for all of the baby's 'stuff' like the bouncy seat, toys, bumbo, pack-n-play, infant seat, stroller etc. I'm not sure where we're going to put it all, but we'll have to make space. I like everything to have a designated place and I like that place to be the most practical and convenient. Given that I've never had a baby before, I don't know which place is the most practical and convenient. So that makes this process frustrating. For now, everything is being given a tempororay place and we'll figure the rest out as we go along. :) I think we'll be doing a lot of that in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment