About Me

I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, teacher, student and my cup runneth over...

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Total Blog Slacker

I think that no blog posts for over a month qualifies me as a Total Blog Slacker. :) I have been busy though...
At the end of October we spend the weekend in Athens with college friends. We had a great weekend but the Dawgs had a terrible one. We enjoyed seeing everyone but didn't take enough pictures! We stayed at the Game Day Suites and the flat screen TVs in the bathrooms were the hit of the weekend. The boys loved the fact that they could go to the bathroom without missing a minute of the game. A close second was the Georgia themed carpeting in the lobby and hallways. :)

In the beginning of November, my mother's friends threw us a baby shower. It was so nice to see family and friends I hadn't seen in awhile. The "Girls" (as my mom calls them) thought of everything, the decorations were beautiful and the food was delicious. Daniel and I were overwhelmed at every one's generosity and creativity with gifts. We received everything from personalized hospital-quality swaddlers, to homemade baby soap, to hand made booties, to adorable baby outfits, strollers, pack-n-plays and so much more...it was really incredible. Like I said, we were overwhelmed.
(Speaking of soap, if you like homemade soaps, check out http://www.honeysucklesoap.com/)
The nursery is starting to come together now! Daniel painted the nursery for the 2nd and final time. There was an issue with the paint color the first time! :) We put together the changing table which was very exciting. My brother and his wife gave us this cool leaf canopy that we mounted over the bed and it fits with the ladybug theme perfectly. We don't have the bedding yet, so that will be another phase, but for now it looks pretty good. I found someone in town to recover our glider cushions so I need to find a coordinating upholstery. We spent most of one weekend working on the nursery and the whole experience provided one of those reality check moments where we both looked at each other and thought "wow, we're really having a baby!" There are more and more of those recently! :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree, you are a total blog slacker! But I'm glad you are back at it. I hope you are feeling great! I love the nursery. Miss you!
    Love,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete