About Me

I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, teacher, student and my cup runneth over...

Monday, April 6, 2009

First Flight

Baby A on the couch with Saskia watching over her. :)

In April Ansley took her first airplane flight! We flew from Greenville to Clearwater to visit my parents. Daniel and I were very nervous that we would have one screaming baby and 148 angry passengers in the airplane. Fortunately, she was a great flier! We brought a bottle that we could feed her during take off and landing and if she wasn't eating, then she was sleeping. Interestingly, when we got on the plane no one said anything to us. Then when we were getting off, everyone told us what an adorable baby we had. Of course I know why. They were worried when they got on the plane that she was going to scream. When she didn't, they found her much more adorable. I get it. I was totally that person before I had a child. On the flight back to Greenville there were four or five infants on the plane. Several of them cried the entire flight, but Ansley slept again, thank goodness.
In Florida Ansley was able to meet her Uncle Chris for the first time. Uncle Chris was able to spend a lot of quality time with Ansley and fed her many bottles, which I loved! I have learned that I am not the kind of mom that needs to be the one to feed and take care of the child all the time. I enjoy watching my family and friends do these things with the baby just as much as I enjoy it myself. Plus, it is nice to have a break every once in awhile!!

Uncle Chris feeding Baby A. :)
Baby A in her "I Love Grandma" Bib
Baby A on the quilt given to us by mom's friend Debbie.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetie! I am glad she was good on the flight! I spoke to soon in my email...I did not realize you had updated your blog in the past week :)

    ReplyDelete