A. with Saskia and Grandpa Dan. Saskia was a little jealous. Can you tell?
A's hair is getting a redish color to it and you can kind of see it in this photo.
Last week Ansley and I flew to FL to visit my parents. I was thrilled to find a $19 flight out of Greenville, but I was a little worried about the time of departure. The flight was scheduled to take off at 9pm. I was worried because A is no longer a newborn that can sleep anywhere at anytime, and 9pm is past her bedtime. She is a great sleeper, but wants to be in a crib or pack'n'play if she is going to sleep. I decided to risk it anyway and hope she'd sleep in my arms. It was not the best decision I've made since being a mom. The flight was delayed and we didn't board the plane until after 9:30 and she was already starting to get cranky. It took over 45 minutes for the plane to pull away from the gate and by that point she was REALLY screaming. She was beyond exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep, but she isn't used to being held when falling asleep. We've always put her down in her crib and let her put herself to sleep. Fortunately she fell asleep after we were in the air for about 20 minutes.
It was worth all of the trouble, though to spend a week with my parents. They took such good care of A that I started to miss her and had to ask if they minded if I fed her and held her!! :) A. went to the beach, swam in the pool and played with Saskia!
Grandpa Dan feeding A. her favorite lunch....prunes! She sucks them off the spoon!
Beach baby at Treasure Island Beach!
A. was trying to crawl toward Saskia. She found that rolling worked better for her.
Saskia learned to keep a distance wehn A got a fistful of Saskia's fur and pulled!

That's EXACTLY the problem we had when we flew with Nora! We also took a night time flight thinking she would fall asleep. Only she cried off and on for about an hour and a half until she fell asleep. Hats off to A for getting it out of her system in only 20 mins!
ReplyDeleteShe is getting so chubby!
ReplyDelete