Bad habits that Daniel and I have developed:
- Selling houses after living in them only 2 years
- Moving. This move to NOLA will be our 5th in 6 years of marriage.
- Not doing all of the aesthetic things to the house that we want to do until we are actually moving. We always do the required things but the little extra stuff that we want to do, we always end up waiting on....and then we move, so we have to do them and we cannot enjoy them for long.
Here is a list of all of the things we've done since deciding to take the job in NOLA.
- Updated light fixtures (6 flush fixtures, 2 sconces, 1 breakfast table fixture, 3 bathroom fixtures and 1 den fixture with fan)
- Painted rooms (foyer, extra bedroom, and touch-ups to all other rooms)
- Painted trim, baseboards, etc.
- Painted the 2 decks
- Painted the front door
- Updated kitchen faucet
- Updated 3 bathroom faucets
- Organized our office (no small task) and boxed up six boxes of books to donate
- Ordered a new stove/range and over-mount microwave which will be installed next week (I think I am most bummed that we waited so long to do this. We love to cook and would have really enjoyed it.)
- Landscaping - we trimmed, and pruned bushes, and planted dozens of flowers. We probably would have done this last year if we hadn't still been in the "baby fog" that parents experience for the first few months.
- Packed up more baby "stuff" (which we would have done regardless!!)
I had no idea you guys moved around so much. I know how you feel! Brian and I moved 5 times in 6 years too! I am happy to be "planted" in Michigan now and we've been here over a year (a record since 2007). Your new rental is super cute and I'm very impressed with all the updating you've done...kudos to you guys, even if you only get to enjoy it for a very short time. :)
ReplyDelete