I my 12 week doctor's appointment today and everything seems to be going well. The heartbeat was 150 this time, but the shocking thing was that I have not gained a pound. It is not just in my head, Daniel cannot believe it either. I am not really showing, but my body shape has changed and most of my pants no longer button! The doctor said that this was because everything (organs, uterus, etc.) has moved around and they are not in the same place they were 12 weeks ago. I guess!
We got our new refrigerator today! As is always the case with houses, one solution led to another problem...When they installed the refrigerator they found that there is a leak in the pipe so we were unable to install the ice maker. This is quite funny to us because we were really excited about the ice maker. We've never had one in our marriage and I've never had one at all. The refrigerator in our first house had a broken ice maker and fixing it was going to be more than we wanted to pay, so we lived without it. The rental house (of course) didn't have one. We knew that the refrigerator that came with this house didn't work either, so when we realized we were going to have to get another refrigerator we were so excited about having ice! No more ice cube trays! Yeah...Not quite!
Boy or Girl? Although I have no maternal instinct about it yet, I am leaning toward a boy right now because I have an incredibly smart and generous Aunt who was thoughtful enough to save tons of her son's baby clothes for me (Thanks Allyson!)! I finally allowed myself to go through the tubs of clothing (I didn't want to jinx anything) and got really excited about all of the little clothes and shoes and socks and hats and more! I started making "boy" and "unisex" piles but then I decided I just need to wait until I find out the sex and then go through everything. So, I piled everything back in the boxes and I'll come back to them in August. :)
~lb
No comments:
Post a Comment