About Me

I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, teacher, student and my cup runneth over...

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The final countdown...

We have exactly two weeks left before we move to NOLA! We are going to the beach with D's family next week, so I have exactly one week to get everything in order. :) I'm planning on taking A to daycare each day this week so that I can get as much done as possible. In light of that, I wanted to spend as much time having fun with A this weekend as we could.


On Saturday we attempted to go to the lake. I had trouble finding the "secret beach" I'd heard about so we ended up coming home and playing in the yard. After her afternoon nap, we went over to the house of some friends that have a daughter (L) the same age. We went to the park near their house and then cooked out. A and L had a blast playing in the creek, swinging and of course eating!
Today I decided to venture out and look for the "secret beach" again. At first we walked around this long path that made a complete circle. There was a lot of poison ivy, so I'm hoping that neither of us break out in a rash! Eventually I found the right path, but due to the high level of the water in the lake, there was no way to get to the beach from land. The picture above is where the path went straight into the lake. You can see where there used to be grass and bushes growing because the lake was SO low for so long. The "secret beach" is to the right of where this picture was taken. I saw some people on the beach, but they'd gotten there by jet ski. I did find a little spot that A and I were able to get in the water, but we didn't stay long because it wasn't child friendly! :) Lots of rocks and fallen trees!


Our little girl got her first skinned knee today! She really enjoys walking around the yard (now that she actually walks) and she likes to inspect all of the plants in the yard. She was doing this today and she fell on the pavement and skinned her knee! She was a trooper though and barely cried! As soon as I picked her up, she snuggled into my chest and stopped crying. I thought it was going to get worse when I cleaned her knee but she kept looking at me for cues and I kept smiling at her and telling her she is a good girl. I also realized we have no band-aids in our house, so I think the need to start keeping those in stock!
Here are some pictures of our girl playing in the house! I hope to have some good news to share soon (about a job)!











This is our girl talking to her daddy on skype!





















Here she is trying to figure out the Wii remote!















Hmmm, where are those doggies? She was staring at a bird on the deck. We miss the dogs, but we see a lot more wild life around the house since they are not scared away by the dogs!



2 comments:

  1. She is a little cutie pie! I am here from MBC! I look forward to following your blog! Come and visit me at Mama's Little Chick.

    mama Hen

    www.mamaslittlechick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm your newest follower from MBC! Your little one is such a cutie! Come check out my blog sometime...
    Chelsea
    http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete